I would highly recommend doing this, staff are very super nice, our pilot was such an amazing tour guide, super nice and awesome and our boarding attendant was super funny and super nice and amazing. I had such an amazing time with them big thanks to Aaron and Josh for getting us our amazing pictures!! Such a great place!
$199 Per Person
2 Passenger Minimum
See Chimney Rock
Superb Mountain Backdrop
Amazing scenic views
Chimney Rock, Lake Lure Tour and the Blue Ridge Foothills
This tour takes you northeast toward Fairview. Fly over Hickory Nut Gap and the Florence Nature Preserve toward beautiful Lake Lure with views of Lake Lure and Lake Lure Dam. Be sure to look for The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa, featured in the film “Dirty Dancing”. As you turn you’ll pass by Chimney Rock, a 315-foot spire overlooking Hickory Nut Gorge and Lake Lure. The tour continues over the valley and along Raven Rock Mountain and the Continental Divide in the Appalachian Mountains on your return to the airport.
$199 per person
Time & availability
From 9 am until sunset, every 30 minutes. Thursday – Sunday, year round.
All of our tours depart from
240 Wright Brothers Way
Fletcher, NC 28732
What to bring
- You don’t need to bring anything apart from your camera/cell phone for taking videos and photos.
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes and dark-colored clothing for taking better photos.
- Light-colored clothing reflects on the transparent windows and can cause undesirable flares in your photos. This is why it is recommended to wear dark clothing when riding in a helicopter.
- A welcome receptionist to greet you and get you started
- A safety & boarding attendant
- A professional photographer
- One passionate, informative, FAA certified pilot
Additional points of interest
- Hickory Nut Gorge
- Lake Lure and Lake Lure Dam
- Chimney Rock
- Raven Rock Mountain
What to Look Forward to
Unrivaled views of the the Blue Ridge Parkway & Pisgah National Forest
Sweeping vistas of the beautiful North Carolina mountain ranges below
Enjoy unobstructed, panoramic vistas from our comfortable helicopter
Good to Know
- This tour can accommodate up to 3 passengers
- For parties of 1 to 3 passengers, there is a maximum per seat weight limit of 300lbs (total combined weight not to exceed 550 lbs.) If any one guest weighs more than 300lbs call for more information (828) 820-5007
- Note: FAA regulations require that all passengers be weighed at check-in. Only the flight crew will have access to passenger weights, and all information will be kept confidential.
- Customers will receive a full refund within 24 hours of notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone (828-820-5007) to cancel or inquire about a cancellation(opens in a new tab). No-shows will be charged the full price.
- Noise-canceling headphones with full group communications are included with this tour.
- Tour team gratuities are not included.
Read What Our Previous Guests Have Said
The whole experience from boarding to the actual flight was great. They make everything as simple as possible for you and make sure you have a safe and enjoyable experience. Our boarding attendant Taylor and pilot Cole were great. Looking forward to going back soon!
Absolutely an amazing time. Very courteous and great prices for the trip. Cole was our pilot and was very courteous and helped my daughter being her first time in a helicopter. Taylor was an awesome guide and helpful as to what we needed to do before getting in the helicopter. Would highly recommend.